Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's Been Awhile...

Hello world -

It has been a long time since I have been able to sit down and write and you know what? I miss it!!
Unfortunately all of the crazy snow that we had pushed back all of my homework/tests/quiz's to last week. Last week was like going through the place down under!!!

So far this has been a good week! :) I just got back from a CHI walk and now Mandy, Jenn and I are watching The Time Travelers Wife. Who wants to take bets that Jenn falls asleep before the movie ends?? lol

I finally figured out how to make my dashboard "stream" the newest blogs posted by people that I follow. Does anyone know any way to make the dashboard prettier?? Like to add backgrounds, pretty text, etc??

One of my many blessings that I have is being able to lead a woman's only small group. It means so much to me that I am able to take time out of my busy week and get together with some amazing fellow Christian women to help each other, talk with each other, and learn and grow in Christ. This week we talked about being chosen by Christ. There are so many different parts of scripture that talk about God choosing to love us and to save us. His love is amazing!! 1 Peter 2:9 says "You are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of the darkness into His marvelous light." As I told my small group, I relate everything in my life to a song, so this brings me to one of my favorite popular Christian songs, City On Our Knees by tobyMac. Y'all should all youtube it and listen to it!

If you gotta start somewhere why not here
If you gotta start sometime why not now
If we gotta start somewhere I say here
If we gotta start sometime I say now
Through the fog there is hope in the distance
From cathedrals to third world missions
Love will fall to the earth like a crashing wave

Tonight’s the night
For the sinners and the saints
Two worlds collide in a beautiful display
It’s all up tonight
When we step across the line
We can sail across the sea
To a city with one king
A city on our knees
A city on our knees




Well as I read back over what I've written tonight I see that I have rambled! lol! So I think I'll end here and pay more attention to the movie!

Nighty night folks!!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment